Lately, Phoebe has been intrigued with the idea of "Jokes", though she doesn't understand the concept of a joke. (It is a hard concept, right?) Here is her latest joke:
P: Why did the raindrop turn into a sunshine?
me: I don't know, why?
P: Because it was a sunshine drop of rain.
me: (puzzled)
P: (burst into laughter)
I vaguely remember telling jokes when I was young, and I am sure they were about as funny as this one of Phoebe's. There is probably some sort of humor development happening now that encourages our 4.75 year old to think that putting together a random grouping of questions and answers is a joke. The funniest part is that she thinks she is funny. So, we laugh at her as she giggles about her 'joke'. One of my favorite parts of the joke telling is when she is done giggling she often asks, "Was that a joke?"
No, no it wasn't.

3 comments:
Ahh, yes, I remember many jokes like that!!! She is a funny girl :)
Time for a joke book!!!!
gigi
ha! not a joke, but still very funny.
that's really funny!
Post a Comment