Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I see you


"Do you see me?"  I wonder, is that the same as,"Do you love me?" or "Am I important?"  It is so hard NOT to see this little one.  She is bright, charismatic, and energetic.  She makes sure you see her.  You cannot miss her.  I cannot miss her.  But she still (we all) yearns for the answer to those questions to be "YES!" Emphatically, Yes!  P and I struggle in the day to day, but I love her with my whole being.  And I hope that she knows that beyond my frustration or correcting of her, my heart is full of love for her.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sweet girl knows that she is loved and "seen" by everyone who meets her and yes she knows the love her mommy has for her :)

gigi

Anna said...

A very essential truth in this post -- you're understanding what she and we are really asking, always. Oh, how we just want to know we are *loved.*