Of course this cut back in hours was just in time to finish some projects at home... before 4 recent college grads moved in with us for three weeks...then off to thanksgiving with the family... then time for christmas shopping and preparation...then time for Christmas....and then the New Year...and finally this little *intern architect* is ready to be an Architect. So now I spend those extra hours each week preparing for the Architectural Registration Exams.
I have decided to start with the grpahic division first, this is 3 of the 9 exams, I feel like I am accomplishing more by studying for more than 1 exam. (I mean I have some time to make up for!) The first day I was so excited to get started- to finish this process of education- that even these sentences did not phase me...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Exceptional solutions are not expected, nor are they necessary.""...the primary goal of this exam is to produce a passing grade, not a superior design."
"...the exam experience is about taking a test under pressure -- it is not necessarily about design."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Normally the tone of these phrases would be like finger nails on the chalk board...don't think about esthetics, just make it work...but when you are ready to ace 9 exams I will do whatever they tell me!Back to studying...
first test date tbd
4 comments:
What?! Hey!
You're not an Architect? And you've been using the moniker? We should have been calling you 'TIA' all along.
Of course, credit should be given for your breathtaking redesign of this blog (and of the Mr....), and best wishes for happy examing are most certainly sent your way. Study hard!
Let me know when you schedule...are you done with IDP? I need to send in my hopefully LAST bunch of hours. I wanted to start in April, but I am dragging my feet submitting hours. I talked to someone today who thought it might be a good idea to study for all of them and take them in a very condensed time period...like over a couple of week, so you don't spend all that time between procrastinating and then cramming. Let me know if you that's possible with all the information...I haven't had the courage to look yet.
Good luck!
i have blown my cover...
BEST of luck! you'll get plenty of gold stars, I'm sure.
Post a Comment