Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Friday Family Fun!

By the end of the week the mister and I are exhausted! And lately it has been incredibly HOT. So, the last two Friday nights, we have stayed in and created a fun family night. I have found a number of great animated short movies (on Hulu), we pick one and eat picnic style. P and I spend the last hour of our day together (waiting for Dad to come home) putting together a yummy spread of finger food that replaces our dinner that evening. 

pumpkin seed crackers, peppered feta, tomatoes
berries, nuts, hummus and veggies
freshly popped corn with freshly grated parmesan cheese

This special little treat has been a fun way for our family to spend time together and P still gets to bed by 7:30 or 8.  And once the kiddos are asleep we get a little more down time.  This makes for a great end to the work week. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds lovely!!

mom