Today is P's last day of school before Christmas so they are having a bit of a party. The teacher instructed us to send them in red. I was going through her closet looking for red and found the perfect dress, a little on the fancy side, but perfect for Christmas!
This dress was made by my grandmother (probably about 50 years ago) for her daughter, my Aunt Ann. My parents salvaged it a few years ago as they cleaned out some of the closets at my grandparent's old house. It is a beautiful dress that apparently lost its buttons over the years. I didn't notice that detail until I had P completely excited to wear it so we safety pinned the back, tied the sash, and kept her hair down. Perfect!
4 comments:
What a precious treasure! The dress and the sweet little girl :) How lovely to see such a classic dress that is still beautiful today. Merry Christmas to your growing family!
So beautiful, Phoebe looks so much like her mama, another treasure. :)
mom
Thank you, Dawn, for the reminder that acts of service and kindness, even ones we don't think of much at the time, can have a lasting impact when done in love. Your grandma did so much sewing back in the day and would be so pleased to know that her creations are still being used and enjoyed so many years later. I hope Phoebe had a wonderful time at her Christmas party!
So pretty. I love it! Looking good, P!
Post a Comment