Friday, November 18, 2011

Finding Joy

When I pulled out Joy of Cooking this morning to find a basic coffee cake recipe, I was reminded that I should find Joy in cooking. I do enjoy cooking, it normally is a basic creative outlet for me. But when I tasked myself with making coffee cake before leaving the house at 10:30 with a toddler underfoot, I wasn't feeling so full of Joy.

I tried to recall some scripture with the word Joy to adjust my attitude, these were the ones that came to mind.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds... James 1:2 (not that I was facing a huge trial, just a verse that comes to mind)

Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our LORD: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10

Shortly after this exercise, P found something to entertain herself with; play dough, and I happily created Sour Cream Coffee Cake with a Crumble Top. It was tasty, and a Joy to share with friends at bible study this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy words and yummy cake :)

mom