For some reason I sat down today and processed through some of the pictures we took during Holy Week last spring. Maybe because Advent is peaking through the fall leaves? (It will be here before we know it!)
The last few years I have appreciated more the changing of the seasons within the church calendar. And with that I have explored some of my own creativity through aesthetic worship. Last year I designed and helped execute the aesthetics for Holy Week at our church. We are a young church that doesn't have a closet full of alter frontals, banners, or even candles. So with the help of the mister and some friends; banners were made, and alters were decorated to help tell the story of Palm Sunday through Easter Morning.
Here are some of the pictures from our services. (The stuff from the Easter Vigil was made for 2009 and reused this year).
2 comments:
Dawn, these pictures are WOW!! Wish I lived closer to experience Holy Week worship with you personally. I'm sure the incorporation of art, music, dance, drama, lighting, along with the richness of the Holy Week emphasis must have been very rich. Who did the large paintings?? I am going to share your blog with our senior pastor. Thanks!
Ann
The artist who did the large format paintings is Ed Knippers. He lent us his art for this service.
Post a Comment