Monday, September 14, 2009

shoes...again


This is a question for all the mommas with little ones...What kind of shoes do you wear and why? I would assume part of your answer will involve comfort, maybe for some of you style, and for others it might be all about convenience.

I need a new pair of 'fall-ish' everyday shoes. Are ballet flats still in? They don't seem to be going away...so maybe I am safe to buy another pair? I just retired my favorite shoes. They were green plaid ballet flats that I got on sale at Ann Taylor Loft for $20 and I wore them for about 3 years with basically everything whenever I could get away with plaid ballet flats- which was more often than I would have ever anticipated.

I am looking for advice on style for the fall (I realize that I am sort of out of the style arena staying at home with a 15 month old) and some good solid option for everyday shoes that make sense when carrying or walking around with a 15 month old. What shoes do you wear everyday? Do they give you good support? Are they versatile? Stylish? Thoughts?

2 comments:

Tara said...

I love Clarks--incredibly comfortable, soft leather, good support. I bought a pair of Clarks sandals just before spending two months backpacking in Europe, and after one week I got rid of my other shoes (sneakers) and wore the Clarks every day, all day, for the rest of the trip. That was two years ago, and I am still wearing them almost every day in the summer.

CAD said...

ditto on clarks... they fit JUST right. ...but they were my work shoes, i haven't sprung for any mom-world or summery styles. summer shoes have been those llbean ones i shared with you... easy on, easy off, cool. that's usually the main feature of my shoes. second up, Earth shoes. excellent support, stretches those calf muscles, and kinda cute in an offbeat way. planetshoes usually runs the cheapest on those, but zappos returns are easier. and me, i've never been anywhere near fashionable, so... good luck with that.