This week we have been trying to eat dinner a little earlier and sometimes we are able to eat with Phoebe. (She is hungry a little earlier than we are most days) When we eat together we have been praying with her before the meal (which is normally somewhere in the middle of her meal). Mister and I each grab one of her hands and we bow our heads while one of us prays and then we all say Amen. Phoebe chimes in with 'Ahh-me' or something like that, and she keeps her head bowed for about 3 seconds before she is back to eating in the middle of the prayer.
Yesterday when I sat down to eat lunch with her I couldn't figure out what she wanted. She kept grabbing at my hand so I gave her more food but that wasn't what she wanted. Finally, I let her hold my hand and she bowed her head and said 'Ahh-me'. RIGHT! She wanted to thank God for His provision. I said a prayer and we both said Amen.
It was really sweet. And a great reminder from my child to continually thank God for what He has given us.
AHH-ME!
1 comment:
Sweet girl, and so smart. You are instilling strong values into our little "P". thank you
gigi
Post a Comment