Wednesday, October 08, 2008

On the Road Again

Last weekend we ventured with P on a road trip. We left Friday to go to Cleveland and came home on Sunday. That is a quick road trip with a babe! But we did it to see the Mister's Family. Uncle Ed turned 75 and all the aunts and uncles and even some cousins came to see one another and celebrate. It was a lovely time! A time that we will remember and cherish. One conversation I had with Aunt Dorcas was about the fact that her and P share the same Saint's Day. I didn't know P even had a Saint's Day till Dorcas let us know that they shared that celebration day. Aunt D says she normally celebrates with a Manhattan or Jack Daniels, sounds good to me. I think P will start with something a little more mild, but I might celebrate for her with some spirits.
with Uncle Ed and Aunt D

The weekend before that we flew to Oklahoma City to celebrate the union of some dear friends. They are extra special to P since they have spent so much time with her. It was a special wedding to be a part of since the Mister preached the Homily. It was only the second time I have heard him preach, and it was good. He has a gift of speaking truth and encouragement in difficult and joyful situations. P had her first babysitter as well, and part of me loved it and the rest of me felt guilty. (This mother's guilt thing is real?!)
P and her favorite Bride and Groom

And the weekend before that we didn't travel anywhere, but we hosted friends and family for the celebration of P's baptism. This was a really beautiful thing that I don't even know how to describe or think about. It was a good thing. It was a day that I hope is lived out in her life. Until then, I hope that she will continue to be surrounded by our church family, our family, and our friends in a way that will encourage her to grow up in her faith.
She has been grafted in; a descendant of Abraham.

Now, we are home and thankful to not be on the road again for awhile.

No comments: