Friday, February 01, 2008

place for space

We have a lot to do before P arrives, but one thing I spend lots of my time dreaming about is making a space for P. A space for P to play, grow, read, sleep, and a space for the Mister and I to be with P; to nurture, encourage, love, feed, change diapers...and all that fun stuff.

P is getting one of the best rooms in the house- already a great shade of yellow for the unknown gender...and for warmth. It is a room that is nestled in the center of the house with a window that lets in the best of the southern sun. But it does need some work- some babifying. I have been looking at some of my favorite blogs for inspiration and I came accross this beautiful nursery.

Of course this space is clearly for a little lady, I like the simplicity and calm feeling it exudes in the pictures. I like that it isn't over the top 'baby', but seems like a space for mom and dad to be with the babe. I love all the natural light. And I like that it isn't full of all those things one 'has' to have for this little being that somehow takes over our world.

We have some work to do. But I suppose P won't mind too much how the room turns out...as long as there is a place to sleep and some clean diapers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet dreams "P"
Your space will be lovely!
GG

RB said...

and it will be a nice room... given the design talents of mom and building talents of dad.

Anonymous said...

At time of writing, our latest member of the Davies household (um... Macy, that's right - yes, Macy) currently sleeps in a travel cot in our office - right next to some bare shelves that we cleared out to make some temporary frontless drawers for our last house guest. The tiny room is also shared with a futon - and all three items of furniture mentioned are so large in comparison to the room that it's impossible to squeeze through the door without tilting the travel cot a few inches off the floor.

I LOVED your post. Makes me remember life before three.