Friday, November 09, 2007

The Power of Nebraska

In the last three years I've discovered that much of this country is actually run by people from Nebraska. So when the Mrs. stepped out of the room, I snatched the computer so I could post with her user name...wanted to feel powerful!

Just today I was reading a random magazine and came across an article about the founder of this very site...Blogger. Where's he from? Yep...Nebraska. He's now working on a new website apparently called "Twitter." Haven't been there yet, but I hear it is set up so that you can easily write short messages about what you are doing at any given moment. The idea is that while writing this blog post, for instance, I might get distracted and write a quick twitter to a friend about how I'm blogging right now. Apparently our innovative Husker guy gets the same comments about Twitter as he used to get about Blogger..."why would anybody want to do that?"

I had the same question for a friend in college who was using this new thing called an "internet browser." Clearly I'm not from Nebraska.

No comments: