Mr. and I made it back last night. It seemed late and early all at the same time. When we landed the sun was just about to set, but it had been raining so it was also a bit cloudy. This was a good clue to the time of day we were entering; dusk. What should we do with that? Well, we should get our cars first; both parked at ArchInc. and waiting patiently for our return (in a nice safe suburban environment where thieve's do not break in and steal...I suppose that means I was storing some things on earth, I will work on that later) By time we got home it was dark, night, time for sleeping. But then the rush of being home, in a place that brings comfort and seclusion, just like we Americans need: individual space, we weren't so tired.
We opened the door expecting loads of mail in the way at the entry floor but there was just a few things from earlier that day. Ah, the Gazelle had come over and sorted some of our mail and left it nicely on the table. This clicked something in my mind, I had asked her to look for my 'passing' letter and to let me know if it came...only if it was a pass that is. (she hadn't let me know, but maybe she didn't look?) I scurried through and found the good things, you know like bridal brunch invites, cards from moms; the hand addressed stuff. Then I found it at the bottom, nicely placed on it's OPEN side and I knew at once that Gazelle had not told me. I slowly pulled out the two pieces of paper, my eyes were darting back and forth looking for that one word....oh yes...FAIL...there it was. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The letter had a little note that has the possibility to help me study for my next exam.
*interior layout
WHAT????? I didn't pass INTERIOR LAYOUT????? You are smoking crack! This is the part of the exam I felt SO GOOD about. This is the part of the exam that I do EVERY day. This is the part of the exam that I had mastered. YOU oh wise one of the freaking NCARB world are telling me I didn't pass???? AND on top of that you are telling me I FAILED over two months later when I don't even remember what was on the exam? AND you don't even give any more info than that?? Now I just have to realize I failed and start studying again...but study what, where were the mistakes, how could I do it better next time? I must of really f'd it up if I didn't pass, but I was sooooooooooooo sure.
I woke up this morning at 6:30 - which is always a serious chore...more serious for Matt than for me, because he practically has to push and pull me out of bed every morning. But not on jet lag day. Nope, mr. sleeps. I woke up thinking about my FAIL. At first it didn't really bother me. I mean I had just travelled from Paris and London, I can't let this silly little FAIL bother me. But now I am angry. Then I started thinking about how I am just going to kick the crap out of the rest of these exams.
So now, in my jet-lagged-state-of-mind, I am going to get my study material and start studying. One Fail is enough!
2 comments:
go get em, D. kick some test ass!
I'm so sorry to hear that. And coming off of a lovely trip! (that I haven't yet read about, but c'mon -- London, Paris and friends -- had to be good!)
Best wishes and prayers for the next time around...
Kate
Post a Comment