I saw this sign at the Hirshhorn today and smiled, nodded my head, and thought, that is a great question. When was the last time I laughed? I take myself so seriously sometimes that I forget to enjoy...life. I remember two times in life when my seriousness was questioned...both times I was basically asked why I didn't smile more, internally I thought, because there is nothing to smile about.
Now that I am a mom, and I still take myself too seriously, this sign somehow helped crack me a bit...I started to think that maybe if I laugh, smile, giggle, be silly just a little bit more there might be less fights in my house. If I joke and enjoy the silliness of my little ones a bit more we all might enjoy each other. Then I read this article this morning and was encouraged to let go.
So, when was the last time I laughed? Well, last night...we chose to watch the funny movie over the serious movie, Cedar Rapids made me giggle, it was so nice to laugh with the Mister after a long week and a rough day with the kids. If you haven't seen it, you should! Especially, if you are looking for a little break from your serious self.

No comments:
Post a Comment