Phoebe got her first marriage proposal recently. And we got it on video! A few weekends ago we went on our Church Retreat which has a talent show each year. One of Phoebe's friends put together this little song to serenade her. (Well, it was actually his dad who wrote and performed the song, he is a great writer!) Enjoy this clever song! There are a few inside jokes and mentions of a number of other friends from church.
Hey Phoebe
I just turned three,
and though your older than me,
I can't stop thinking of thee.
Oh Phoebe,
Would you look over at me?
I have a pink spoon for thee,
It's all good, theologically.
Josiah's back in DC.
And though Watchman says hello.
Those boys, the Damianis,
they are right off to Chicago.
So, please, Phoebe.
I'll hold your hand considerately.
I'm quite over Aubry and Lily
and your the only one for me.
Phoebe, your my one true Capitol Cubbie.
Eventually, hey Phoebe, eventually.....
Will you please marry me?
1 comment:
love, love!!!
gigi
Post a Comment