Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Glam


Friends, it is Movie time again! I am sure you all remember when the mister and I had time (B.P.) and we would go see all the Best Picture nominees. Well, we haven't been able to do that since P and, honestly, with 10 Best Picture nominees I don't think we could! Who has that much time? (Or that many babysitters?) We hope to see a few movies between now and the Awards Show on February 27th just so we can follow the opening sequence. (The hosts are Anne Hathaway and James Franco, which I am thrilled about but apparently I am one of the few.)

To the best of my recollection, I have only seen three movies in the theater since the last Oscars; Harry Potter, Twilight's Eclipse, and Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I am kind of embarrassed to write that list but it is the truth. At least Harry got a few nods from the academy.

Looking forward to the red carpet and all that glam that will surround February 27th!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Our lists of recently seen movies are remarkably similar. :-) If you need a babysitter some night, just let us know. I'm pretty sure we still owe you.

Anna said...

You should definitely put The King's Speech on your short list! It was SO wonderful.

Anonymous said...

We have not seen any either, but will be watching for sure!!! I love James Franco and think Anne Hathaway is so funny!!! Should be a good time :)

Mom

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

Count me in as excited about James and Anne! The girl can do no wrong in my book and he's delightfully kooky. Oh, how I love the Oscars! I haven't seen all of the nominated flicks either, but I still can't wait for all the glam and fashion. And girl, you know I'm going to be tweeting like a mad fool :)