Ever since I got the cd of our wedding photos from the photographer I was unhappy that he didn't capture this particular pose; a replica of my grandmother's bridal portrait. I wore her dress for my wedding too and thought I had the pose down in my head and tried to explain it to my photographer but the shots were just off a bit. I decided I wanted to do something about this missed opportunity so I hired a photographer to take a bridal portrait, 5 years later.My friend, Carrie, who I have worked with a few times came to mind and she was totally up for it. We got a glorious fall day with bright sunshine- which is good and bad for photography- and we danced around the National Mall, National Gallery of Art and Capitol Hill till the sun went down. It was a lot of fun and quite self-indulgent. Everyone treated me like I was a bride for the day (they had no idea I was about the celebrate my 5th wedding anniversary), a number of tourists captured pictures with me, and Carrie got some fantastic shots.

4 comments:
So happy you did this. Grandma would love that #1 you wore her dress and #2 that to celebrate your 5th anniversary, you chose to have a matching portrait done. Wonderful idea.
MOM
I am sitting at my desk crying. Dawn you can always do that to me!
love you
Aunt Lani
You look beautiful. That close-up is so stunning. My gorgeous friend!
Beautiful...in 1952, 2005, and again in 2010. I am touched that you would pay tribute to your grandmother that way (I miss my mom!) and I love the way you've also made the dress totally yours. What a wonderfully creative idea. Sending love and hugs to you and your family!
ANN
Post a Comment