Thursday, September 23, 2010

Beautiful Spaces

Today I had an afternoon adventure sans bebe. It turned out to be an afternoon full of beautiful spaces.

First I stopped by a new yarn shop in Dupont Circle named Looped. It is on the second floor of a building on Connecticut Avenue. When you walk up the stairs and enter the space you are close to the middle of the narrow rowhouse like space. From there the front is the living room and the back is the dining room and yarn, beautiful yarn, lines the walls. The women who own this little shop have decorated the two spaces to be places that yarn-ies would want to sit down and just start creating; bring your friends and make a scarf! It is lovely. Here is a gallery of pictures, take a look. With all the natural light in the space it even feels beautiful.





Then I went to Immortal Beloved to get a hair cut. This was my first time at this salon and I really loved it. I love the design of the space; it is earthy, homey, and industrial all at the same time. The living tree potted in the bathtub in the center of the space really made the experience complete. As you sit back and let someone else wash your hair (thank you very much) you can stare out the old school skylights and begin to wonder if you are outside or inside because there is a tree waving in front of the skylight and one waving outside the skylight. Simple and beautiful. The wood furniture that was built specifically for this salon has and edgy amish feel to it, raw edges with refined spindle backing. And the unfinished industrial look to the place makes one feel like they might have just walked into the woodshop where this furniture was built, I wouldn't be surprised to see sawdust on the floor rather than hair. But all of these pieces compliment each other well. I felt like I was in the right place. Not to mention my hair stylist, Nate, was fantastic and he reminded me so much of my brother, Lance. Here is a little video of their space.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fantastic spaces!!! Loved the video, did you get a fun edgy haircut to go with the fun edgy place???
Beautiful :)

mom