Tuesday, June 01, 2010

waga-WHAT?

Yesterday I drove a new route home and saw something that brought Spring Semester 2000 right to the forefront of my mind, as if I had just finished it. That was the semester I studied in London. That was the semester I explored the streets of a city with more history and architecture than I had ever been faced with. That was the semester I spent with 14 other people that I barely knew. And that was the semester that I ate at Wagamama's for the first (and last) time. None of us ate out much since we were students and the pound was stronger than the dollar. But the few times we did go out, Wagamamas was a favorite.

Now, there is a DC location...well SOON there will be one. As soon as I drove past the new location and saw the red star in the window I felt an urge to call all my friends from that semester. I didn't have a single one of their numbers in my phone.

Here's to many more memories made at Wagamamas!

2 comments:

M and E said...

AHHHHHH!!!!!! I've got to get back there as soon as possible!!! My love for Wagamamas at one time even extended to a tshirt.

Anonymous said...

We will try to find one when we are in London :)

MOM