Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thankful

Today started the week of being Thankful! We had a lovely (but too short) late afternoon meal with the families in Phoebe's playgroup. There are six kids in the playgroup: three boys and three girls who are (mostly) accompanied by their moms to playgroup with the exception of one dad. The kids are all about the same age- within a month or two. We get them together once a week for a few hours either at a home or a park. It has been a great community for me because we are all first time parents, all leaving a professional environment to raise our child full time, all living in the city and just trying to figure out how to best nurture our children. I am very thankful for them all.

One of the families invited us all over for a "Family Friendly Thanksgiving Extravaganza". We had to leave before the main meal was served so we could get to church, but I just had a plate of food from our 'take out' bag that was prepared for us before we left and everything was AMAZING! I thought I would post the Vegetarian menu for you all to drool over!

Appetizers

Caramelized Onions and Blue Cheese Squares

Soup Course

Butternut Squash Soup

Main Course

Pear Walnut Salad
Homemade Dinner Rolls
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Stuffing
Cranberry Sauce
Mushroom and Tofu Stuffed Phyllo Pastries

Dessert

Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
(both homemade!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing, how great to spend the afternoon with friends. I'm very thankful you and Phoebe have a group like this to bond with

MOM