When the 6th Harry Potter movie release date was postponed last fall I was disappointed; I didn't know if I could wait till the summer to see the movie. But, I made it and I continue to wait to see the movie. Finally, we have plans to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince next Friday at the IMAX theatre.
Earlier this summer I was chatting with a friend who had just got off the metro carrying a Harry Potter book. We talked about which book it was, how many times she had read it, and how excited we both were to see the movie. My friend then told me her movie prep plan, this included re-reading the whole Potter series up to the point of the movie so before going to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince which is the 6th book/movie in the series she was planning on reading books 1-6 again. I thought this was a great idea. I set out on re-reading the series through book 6. This is the first reason I have waited to see the movie. I have been devouring the books since mid June.
Harry and I are serious buds now! We go back about 6 years, I know as much as I can about this young wizard. When I finished book 6 and realized this was as far as I was planning on going with Harry I was feeling a little sad and stopping here felt incomplete. The first day after I had finished book 6, I thought I would just read some other things that were sitting on my shelf waiting to be read this summer. Nothing could satisfy my craving for magic and mystery so I pulled out book 7, the final book, and started reading but much slower. I was only going to read at night to make the book last longer - you know like eating your dessert slowly, I was going to read tiny bits of this book at a time. Then the urge over took me again and every free minute I had, I was reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Howells.
I just finished it yesterday. Today I made plans to see the movie. We have to wait till next weekend to fit it into our schedule - so I continue to wait. But I think it will be worth it!
2 comments:
Zack and I spent our first "date night" since the baby seeing that movie. I hate to say it, but I was a bit disappointed. Let me know what you think!
I loved the movie! I might have to re-read these books too -- they are sooo wonderful.
Post a Comment