Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Time Flies

We are having a lot of fun around here at 207. Phoebe did in fact just turn 1, and we had two full weekends of celebration...we believe strongly in the full week birthday here, sometimes it even goes for a full month. We are just starting her in on the idea from birthday 1.

Since there haven't been many posts lately, I thought I would just break the fast with a little update list...it is hard to get back into posting after taking a vacation because I don't know where to begin...so here goes...

Phoebe Updates:
  • walking: almost, sorta, kinda...she stands for multiple minutes and takes up to 4/5 steps at a time but crawling is still the preferred method of travel
  • milk: she has made the switch to cow's milk- she likes it in a bottle so at some point we will have to switch to sippy cups.
  • toys: she LOVES all her new toys that she got for living one full year- Favorites are her doll and her Dora car/push toy. And Elmo is still probably the most favorite.
  • books: Counting Kisses by Karen Katz and Polar Bear What Do You Hear by Eric Carle
  • teeth: 6 and more on the way
  • stats: 20 lbs. 28.25 in.
  • playgroups: 2- yes we just got invited to join a 'closed' playgroup today...mostly because of Phoebe's cuteness factor- and that she doesn't pull hair!
Mrs. update
  • I started doing a bible study with a friend- which fits into one of my new year resolutions...to connect in new ways with my girlfriends.
  • I am helping read applications for a new pastor at our church and help guiding the process of hiring (we don't really have a process so we are figuring it out as we go)
  • Our church's moms group is hiring a babysitter every other week to have some time of prayer together that I am hosting at our house.
  • i am reading a book called "A Mother's Rule of Life: How to Bring Order to Your Home and Peace to Your Soul" which I am really excited about.
Mr. update
  • He should probably be writing this but I will take a stab.
  • Home Improvement: always a project...always hard at work...we hired a some handy men to do a few project around the house because we can't get to everything
  • Work: things are going well and he continues to thrive at work
  • Friends: constantly counseling friends in difficult and life changing decisions- he is good at this!
And we continue to come to grips with our finiteness...we can't do it all...but we are trying to have fun as we do life together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your life is full and blessed!!!
MOM