Phoebe and I voted together on Tuesday. We both had a few meltdowns- long lines and lack of protein- by the end we were ready to be out of there. But we did it. We voted. And then we waited. We all went to bed before our President elect was announced; we knew who had won when we were startled awake by the sound of the Air Horn outside- our neighbors were celebrating. I knew they wouldn't be celebrating an old white guy being voted into the White House, but that they would be celebrating the breathe of fresh air that is to come. While I laid in bed wishing myself back to sleep, I took a deep breathe and soaked in the celebration coming from our little street so that I would remember this part of the story.
I get excited thinking about the world that our child will grow up in and hope that maybe she will be a part of realizing a little bit more of the dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment