Monday, July 28, 2008

Development

P loves her changing table, we have dubbed it her 'Happy Place'. After she eats she loves to lay there and chat with me or the Mr. During her witching hour the Mister will lay her there to calm her. (sometimes it works) The light is great, it is soft and cozy, and she gets a good view of our faces, or the fan. And now it is our place for baby brain development. We don't actually spend much time doing this, she much prefers looking at our faces but this was a rare moment when P was enjoying the high contrast picture book.

Another of her new favorites (or maybe it is my new favorite) is reading Shel Silverstein poems. I have forgotten how cleaver and ridiculous they are! P will listen to these for a good long time and watch my facial expressions. She responds with smiles and coos, and she is beginning to imitate me as she watches my face. It has been a great way to interact.

Here is one for you...from Where the Sidewalk Ends.

The Acrobats

I'll swing
By my ankles,
She'll cling
To your knees
As you hang
By your nose
From a high -up
Trapeze.
But just one thing, please,
As we float through the breeze --
Don't sneeze.

-Shel Silverstein

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, my beautiful and smart "P", I am so looking forward to reading to you too!!! You have a very clever mommy and daddy and I love your happy space :)

Love,
Gigi