Friday, June 27, 2008
an outie
Dr. Sears suggests infants have two kinds of smiles. At first there is the inward smile; one that suggests all is well inside the baby's body. As they develop they could respond to the world around them with the second kind of smile which he calls the outward smile. Multiple times P has shown us her inward smile....sometimes following some shrieking, but it is a great smile nonetheless. We have been waiting for the outward smile and the other day, I swear, she smiled at me. Just one day over one month we locked eyes and I smiled at her and she smiled right back at me. There may have been something else happening inside her that I wasn't privy to but I am choosing to believe she smiled at me. I suppose I am starting to understand some of this motherhood thing...that smile got us both through the rest of the day. And I can't wait for the next one! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh the sweetness of that first smile!!! There is nothing in the world like your child smiling at you (unless of course it is a grandchild!!)
Love you all!!!
Gigi
We got our first smile at about 5 weeks too. Hayden and I were both there and it was undeniable, not a gas smile. Our doctor said the same thing. they kinda smile with their eyes first and then, BOOM, hit you with a big grin. Congratulations.
Post a Comment