Life is moving really fast these days. Almost too fast to post about any of it. A few quick things though:
Yesterday was a bad news/good news day. The Special Ks were going to come visit us, but a storm rolled in and they had to roll home ahead of it. We were pretty excited to do a little early Christmas with the kiddos...it will have to wait I guess. But then some of our local little friends decided to come by. Mr. D, The Big M, and a friend of TBM, we'll call him Marvel, came over and wanted to hang out. I taught them how to leg wrestle, then we had about 45 minutes of leg wrestling round robins. My back is totally sore today! Then we shifted to rock, scissors, paper since we didn't have any more energy left.
Tonight Mr. D came back, and Termite joined him (we almost never get to see Termite anymore). Just as we were getting ready for dinner, Ms. A stopped by for dinner too...and we hardly ever get to see her anymore either. We cooked, did highs and lows over dinner, and then played the 'balancing game,' followed by another little leg wrestling demonstration for termite. Ms. A had never seen leg wrestling...must just be a Nebraska/Indiana thing.
And on top of all of that, JD happened to come by as I was trying to pull out Pete's battery. I thought I needed a new battery. JD convinced me he had just the tool...a battery brush. Turns out he had a copper pipe brush that worked just as well for cleaning battery ports and clamps. As often happens, JD taught me a new trick with a tool. And he saved us $60 on a battery.
Oh, and stay tuned...JD gets new teeth tomorrow...for real! He's had about 5 teeth in his mouth for as long as we've known him. Last month he had 3 pulled. Tomorrow he gets fitted with dentures on top and bottom. We've got some 'before' pictures already, so tomorrow we'll get some after pictures. He says he's going to pose as his own twin brother. We shall see.
2 comments:
Oh! Would to God that there would be *two* JD's. Can't wait to see the new teefers.
Hey, Merry Christmas!
I understood about 40% of that post - but sounds like a load of fun.
JD's new teeth is included within that 40% (privileged as I am to have been personally shown the story thus far my the man himself). Make sure to put up a photo of the final result (with persmission, of course... pls tell him I'd like to see, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to oblige).
Leg wrestling?
Happy New Year!
Tim
Post a Comment