Friday, November 16, 2007

what color is that?

Today was a sunny, chilly, beautiful fall day. This type of weather is a favorite of mine. I love getting in the car on a day like today because it feels like it must be summer, the sun is so strong. And the leaves are absolutely beautiful- still- what a treat.

Since I have an office with a window (basically everyone does it isn't anything special!) today I spent some time staring out over the toll road. (while working of course!) I was struck by the color in the trees. A wee bit of green poking through the rust, ochre, magenta, burnt umber and sienna. Striking!

1 comment:

Anna said...

hmmm. I saw a beautiful tree at a very un-beautiful intersection this morning. and suddenly the world was prettier than ever. i've never seen a red like that. no words to describe it.