Sunday, November 25, 2007

Tradition

Thanksgiving has just narrowly passed and with full bellies and our minds still thinking on the many things we are thankful for we are moving on the the next holiday. Already today Christmas music is pumping through our house and the smell of fresh pine is filling the space. The Special K's gave us a new Christmas CD when we were with them this last week. It is great to have 'new' music to add to the collection. What a lovely sound to fill the house as the Mr and I prepare together for Advent.


This time last year we were with my parents decorating their house after we wrapped up the Thanksgiving celebrations. And as tradition has been set in the Heybrock house...we always decorated for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving. So this is what Mister and I did with my parents last year. (this year dear dad is on his own- as mom's little helper...way to carry the torch dad!) We got off to sort of a rough start on the tree, but we pulled it together nicely I think!



This year Mister and I were home by Saturday afternoon which gave us a chance to relax a bit after our car ride, and get settled back into our home. (and since it was so chilly when we got back I even convinced Mr. to turn the boiler on!) After our Saturday relaxation which included Sushi (nothing raw) and a movie and a good nights rest in our own bed, we decided we would start our Christmas decorating. This started with a long conversation about where we were going to put the tree and what size it should be which led us to the possibility of buying a new piece of furniture to finish one space in the house...which led us to furniture shopping...which wasn't entirely fruitful, but we did find some options. But all this got us no tree.

Rhonda, Mr. and I finally headed to the tree shop and got the most perfect tree. Da Da Da....Introducing Trey Douglas and his journey to his new and probably final home. (I think mister is on a kick from thinking of baby names?)




to be continued....with pictures of the fully decorated tree...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad and I SOOOO missed our helpers this year!! Our tree is beautiful and the lights are up, am anxious to see Trey Douglas in his finery!!! (I really like the name :)!!! )
Love Ya!
Mama H

Anna said...

oh yay! we got a tree too! :) there is nothing better than the smell of a christmas tree in the house.