It is getting cold here. Fall is fully upon us, and it seems that Winter isn't far off. When the seasons change it seems so rich that our lives are able to reflect that. Some times change looks like it is only happening to those around us, but when I stop to reflect on the leaves and their amazing color, I am reminded that we are all changing - our colors are changing too.
The mornings are chilly at our house, we haven't turned on the heat just yet. Mr. and I are both hating and loving the crisp air in the morning. It lends to more cuddle time under the layers of blankets, but it makes for a cold run to the warm shower! A warm cup of tea in the afternoon is a welcome treat, and when it is time for bed, I can't wait to get back under the covers.
Amazingly I get to feel and see my body change too as these seasons change. PLL might start protruding a bit with the coming of winter. And certainly the morning sickness (which happens all day!) has passed as the cool air blows in. I imagine that I will feel PLL with much more force as Spring arrives and just as Summer is coming so will this baby. I am excited about all these seasons, though I wish I could fast forward to the Summer!
Lately I have been saying to the Mr. I can't wait for Christmas (I mean seriously, have you seen the Pottery Barn catalogue?- so Dreamy!). And as soon as I say that I feel a little guilty, reminding myself how much I LOVE the Fall, and I get sad to think that when Christmas comes Fall will be gone. Living in the moment is difficult when I feel so ready for this baby to come- and the next season to come. (minus the essential things you need to care for a baby- none of which we have) But it is good to remember that it is just Fall. This little Luecke inside me is just a wee thing and it needs time to grow and nurture- Lord willing it will wait till the end of Spring.
3 comments:
this was wonderful to read. absolutely lovely. aea.
To my Baby Girl:
You brought tears of joy and pride to my eyes today! I too love the fall and am anxious for Christmas and the new baby in the spring. Just like you, I then realize I need to enjoy each moment and not wish the time away to a new moment. That certainly happens way too quickly any way! Enjoy your "moments" with PLL growing and needing you for life and love! Wish I was there with you!
Love
MOM
Check out the new Martha Stewart Living. Hayden and I snuggled under the covies last night and read the magazine together. (it is because I am confident in my masculinity and in touch with my femanine side that I can admit this.)
Enjoy the seasons. Still waiting for that first kick. Let us know when you get yours.
Post a Comment