Friday, November 23, 2007
Family!
I am the brother-in-law of Mr. & Mrs and I have been asked to appear as a "guest" blogger on their website. They suggest I write on the topic of Family given the fact that everyone has invaded our home for the Thanksgiving holiday. During the past couple of days I have wondered how interesting it is that total strangers from varied walks of life actually end up being fairly close family members thrust into spending holiday and vacation time with each other. Our family represents a unique cross- section of interests - from English professor to Art historian to project manager to lawyer to architect to mother and so on. Needless to say, conversation is interesting and thought provoking. However, despite this variance, one very important reality that binds this family and represents a common thread in all our lives is faith in our living Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. This bond is especially important during Thanksgiving and the upcoming Christmas season when we can all focus upon the one constant in our lives and give thanks for all the blessings that have been continually sent to this Family! Have a wonderful holiday season - rest assured ours will be spent with Family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Show yerself, mystery Brother-in-Law! Which one are you?
Happy Thanksgiving!
Way to go, "Brother-In-Law"! (But I missed the part about the ache in your heart because your own charming, clever, loving mother-in-law and father-in-law were unable to be there!) ;>}
Maybe you could secure a return engagement to clarify that!
Love,
The Missing Mother-in-law
Post a Comment