Our iFamily spent a little more time bonding last night. We got off to a bit of a rocky start...my goal was to pay the nice people at Apple 99 cents for an iTune of my choosing. Not surprisingly, getting set up to give them money went pretty well. But it turns out iTunes is not a very big fan of the Canadian Brass. i thought i might celebrate the new member of the iFamily with a signature CB track...a blending of the Hallelujah Chorus and When the Saints Go Marching In. Sadly, there was no singing or marching to be had.
So i downloaded "Not Ready to Make Nice" by a slightly different, but equally talented, musical ensemble. Oddly enough, hearing the Dixie Chicks be mad as hell helped my mood. Our little white buddy then did a great job sucking in Allison Krauss' live album and that improved my mood again (got the iMrs. humming along nicely too.)
At several points I longed for the information my pc offers...signal strength on the wireless connection, the bit rate for ripping cds...the techie stuff. But strangely enough, the wireless kept working without my monitoring the little bars and iTunes sounded pretty good despite me not knowing how it was digitized. (The remote worked quite nicely too, thanks to the helpful reader advice.)
Oh, and we went whole hog and got our house into the deal: our ichat user name is i207s. Can't believe nobody else had that one. Now we're itching to ichat.
i think i'm almost ready to make nice.
6 comments:
Hey, I meant to tell you yesterday: your mac is smooth, creative, and hip. I know you don't watch much TV (which makes you very mac), so you might not know that PCs are pudgy, pale, and lame. Think cool vs. corporate; ironic vs. literal; 'hey, man!' vs. The Man. So, if at all possible, wear jeans when using it, rather than a suit. Mess up your hair, and slouch a bit. Don't expect it to connect you to stuff like The Wall Street Journal, or The Canadian Brass (who are likely the old guys who have a problem with iTunes, rather than the other way around).
Oh, and you can definitely set up the wireless bars (though I don't know how). And CD's are so, like, ten years ago, dude!
Can't wait to chat with your house.
Here is the mac ad series link:
http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
I hate to say it Matt, but Mike is right.
PC guy definitely listens to Canadian Brass.
Mac guy definitely does not.
How about a little Sufjan? He has been using a lot of brass lately and Mac guy would definitely approve.
exhibit A: has anyone else noticed how much funnier, ironic, and iconic Matt's posts have become since he got a Mac?
Open "Internet Connect" in your "Applications" folder. Select "AirPort." Check "Show AirPort status in menu bar."
You can also download a Dashboard widget to show the strength of all wireless signals nearby.
Also, why spend all that money at the iTunes store when you can legally download free music at any of these fine audioblogs?
http://www.officenaps.com/
http://soul-sides.com/
http://homeofthegroove.blogspot.com/
I dunno, man -- I've read a few times how that ad campaign, though cute and clever in some ways, is rather a flop because the PC guy is a more relatable, familiar character (I guess he's some funny guy in some late-night funny commentary show). So, I'm not entirely ready to give up on Pudgy Older White Guy. Because, er, I believe everything I read? Unless Mike Stavlund wrote it? Wait. This isn't making much sense.
Post a Comment