We meant to write a bit after yesterday's passage, but how do you follow that? Sometimes a man...and a post... just needs to stand on his own two feet and have some space.
But I'm guessing that once Adam got created, he started taking care of business pretty much straight away...he had a lot to figure out after all. As do we. What do we call ourselves? What do we call our friends and family in order to protect the innocent? Who do we let know we are here? Why does my rib cage hurt so much? And who is that beautiful woman walking around looking at me?
Well...OK then...on to the naming thing. I guess I'll be Mr. and she'll be Mrs. Anonymous enough, but you get the picture...we're married. The rest of the cast will have to be named as they come up I suppose.
On to the story. While the beginning is a very good place to start, we don't have time for "doh, ray, me," today, so we'll skip right to "fa." It turns out that a school near Capitol Hill is a long, long way to run from Anacostia, especially with a suitcase...and especially at 5:00 am. Our favorite 11 year-old DC resident (we'll call him Mr. D. for now) needed to get to the bus for his school trip very early this morning, so we had a little sleep over last night, got Mr. D up before the sun, and got him down to meet all his tired classmates. He's a little worried about riding down rivers, walking through the woods with the animals, and living outside for a while. We're envious. How come we can't play in the garden?
Alas, off to work the ground from which I was taken....
Mr.
3 comments:
Great job getting Mr. D up today! ;)
This is FUN!!!! Thanks for the updates... J
I'm stll meditating on 'the ground from which you were taken"......
Love, The Ground
Post a Comment