As far as I can tell, everyone wants more time, or even NEEDS more time. There never seems to be enough time in the day. Recently my boss commented, “I wish I could have an 8 day week and everyone else only had a 7 day week.” I think the Beatles agree with this statement too…though I can’t really tell you what that song is about. (maybe I will ask my little brother this weekend)
So this weekend…
Mr. and I are traveling to my hometown for a class reunion, which should be fun; a chance to reconnect with friends. But I am actually looking forward to the other things that make-up this weekend. We get to see our new friends from Omaha- well they are old friends but new to Omaha. We get to hang out with the Grammy and Poppa. (not my grammy and poppa, but Scarlett’s- she has the power to redefine!) And we just get to BE at home. Mr. has only been there one time, and that was also the first meeting of G and P…so it may have been just a little stressful.
G and P’s home is much different than ours- it is in the plains, not the Capital, and the house actually sits over looking a golf course, rather than the train tracks. It is a quiet place where the wind consistently beckons someone to come out and play; a place where the night sky isn’t too dark because it is speckled with the light of stars; and a place where everyone can answer my question about the Beatles- normally by breaking out in song and a little dance. It will be nice to be home. I hope that we can find some extra ‘Time’ while we are there.
1 comment:
hallo..welcome home! can't wait to hear about your reunion..
Post a Comment